A Codex of Ideas

Right, I started this blog like five months ago, and I've barely published anything. Here's something I wrote early on that might be cool.

I've always found I like ideas I've had more after rediscovering them a long time after I have them. But unfortunately, I'm not particularly good at remembering them, and I don't usually write them down. And whenever I do write down my ideas for characters or places or stories, I always stress about the formatting and organization of it all. 

But a while I discovered Throne of Salt's slushpile. Just a table of random unused ideas with no formatting other than numbering. And since I like that idea, I'm going to steal it and make my own slushpile here.

Some Random Ideas

1. Invisible Stairs
2. Case o' Stairs - an enchanted suitcase with a set of stairs that spring out when opened.
3. Psychic Mimes
4. The Ortni Moor - a hilly plain of giant mushrooms, inhabited by sentient mushroom people.
5. Goblins come from colonies of bacterial bloblins, which grow spontaneously in areas with too much chaos or evil. If the bloblins are not cleaned off, they will develop into goblins.
6. A towertop roost of captive pteranodons called 'the birds.' Rulebreakers are forced to clean out their cages.
7. Summon Politicians - a spell
8. King Noiraham, who died 800 years ago, is still believed to be alive by his subjects. 
9. Several centuries have been erased or added to the histories and no one knows it.
10. Assassin Bugs - a race of sentient, flying beetles from the Hive Plane Cimexia. They have deadly stingers and are able to secrete anything they ingest from these stingers. However they can only sting once, after which they die. They only have 10-15 year lifespans and are very aware of how short that is. Because of this, most have an obsession with worldly pleasures.
11. Candle Gheists
12. The Laws of the Multiverse, 5th Edition, revised: a colossal book in the Plane of Law, detailing the laws of reality. A pocket edition is available, and it's just the Player's Handbook.
13. Polycorns, the fiendish, chaotic evil counterparts to unicorns. 
14. The Tub of Diogenes - a magic item. 
15. Guy Springfield, the swashbuckling zombie.
16. Prismere, the Plane of Shifting Glass.
17. Mirrors are portals to parallel universes. Wizards can travel through them, but there will often be subtle differences in the world they arrive in.
18. Speculomancy - Glass magic.
19. River Glynn - a race of freshwater humanoid fish.
20. Sabor - a sword made from the tooth of a dire lioness, and still contains part of her soul; lets out a scream when it first hits something in battle
21. Kriegsnacht - a magic halberd 
22. Cavemaw - a creature
23. The Muck Markets of Loch Lurga
24. Wheelbarrows - Those rolling tombs that roam the landscape, never quite finding a place flat enough for their eternal rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystical Blade - A 5e Homebrew Class

Terror Cow